Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat steps or ladder

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by schulz123, Apr 19, 2011.

1. schulz123

schulz123 PetForums Newbie

will be moving back to my old flat which is on the first floor of a small block of flats. I would like to arrange for my cats to have access to the garden alley which will lead to the community garden area but need to know if it is possible to have some form of access from the bathroom window. There is about a 20 foot drop from the window and there is no immediate tree or wall for them to jump to hence I wondered if anyone has any suggestions as to what can be built to ensure they have a safe access to and from the garden.

I was thinking of some form of steps, that could also be used as a fire exit but this may be quite expensive. Alternatively, does anyone know of any companies that produce a device which can be attached to the window securely so that they can slide down or climb down, maybe steps that are suitable for cats. I have googled but cannot find anything similar.

I really want to live in a garden flat but as the market is not good right now it is going to be impossible to find something else.

Please advise if you have any suggestions.

Many thanks

Schulz123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice