Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat stairs and platforms

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Nitas mum, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Nitas mum

Nitas mum PetForums Member

Does anyone here have anything like little sets of stairs and platforms that fix to the wall, to give indoor cats different ways of exploring a room? My description is probably a bit rubbish.

I think they're slightly more popular in the USA. Have tried googling, and come up with a few random sites, but would much rather hear from anyone who has actually got them. I think it's an interesting idea to use alongside cat trees etc, but real life feedback would be interesting.

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

#2 Paddypaws, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. broccoli

broccoli PetForums VIP

4. lulubel

lulubel PetForums Senior

Wow! Look at the price of that :eek:

I've got a dining table and chairs set that won't fit in my new house, and I can't find anyone who wants to buy it, so I'm going to cut it up and make a cat playground out of it. I have very high ceilings here, so it will be great fun for the cats to get up high and look down on the world from above. I'm going to make some sleeping platforms up there too, so they can make the most of the heat going up towards the ceiling when the woodburner's lit in the winter.

It's a long term project, but I will post photos when it's done.

5. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

Once we start sorting our living room we are going to put a selection of shelves up on one wall by our French doors. This is going to aim to look artsy (to satisfy my OH) but I just want them up for the cats to climb up and sit on. Zooplus also sell cushions you can put on them/ window sills. I am aiming for a wall with several shelves in different heights for the cats, next to their cat tree to give the, a bit of excitement.

I started a thread on this and monty maude showed an excellent example

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-chat/320225-exciting.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice