UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did one of these 'confession threads' on another forum and it was good to find that others were as bonkers as me when it came to buying stuff for their pets. Plus, it's an excuse to be nosey :p

I'll confess to ordering Spooks a radiator bed today (yes, I was very good and constrained. I'm going for the 'buy little and often' method for his Christmas presents :lol:)

What have you bought for your cats lately?

*As always, piccies are always welcome, too ;) *

·
Registered
202 Posts
In the last month Louie has gotten the following:

Toys:
Catit Circuit
Scratching Mouse
Tunnel
New Laser
Sisal feather toy (Loads cause of the deal)
Wind up purple mouse from Maxi Zoo
Covered little tray

along with loads of food (5 month supply), litter, treats... y'know the normal stuff!

Radiator bed is next, have enough points now :) and in regards to prices, you can add it up if you want, but I'm too afraid to cause I will cry, think of all the clothes I could have bought!

Edit: Curiosity got to me so I went onto Zooplus and went to the orders and totted up all the total, seriously regretting it now. Since having Louie *sigh* less than 4 months, I have spend a whopping £247 (not brave enough to convert to euro's, it seems smaller this way)... I could have paid off my car insurance with that!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
my lot have had:-

free diogenes barrel courtesy of my zooplus points

a large scratch post

an XXL sisal mouse

numerous balls

Several scratch dens

a sheepskin cushion

a new bird on elastic

plus two deliveries of food from FMS [well grau was on offer :D] and Floyds

plus my OH is anticipating ordering them a new bed. One of his customers are launching a new range of beds using OH fabrics - so it would be rude not to order one!

·
Administrator
35,983 Posts
The girls have had:
a new cat tree .... well, they did break their old one ;)
a rustle tunnel .... £1 from a local cat shelter charity shop, where I also bought myself a lovely jacket for £4 :thumbup:
a wicker rolling ball with furry mouse and catnip in it ... only because I had to go into the pet shop to collect my free bag of Royal Canin and couldn't leave without buying something :eek:
I also have a sheepskin bed on order from zooplus but I am going to save that for them for Christmas :)

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What lucky kitties!! :thumbup:

I feel like buying most of the stuff on Zooplus, but have to be sensible. That's what I say now, anyway :eek: I'm thinking of getting a Catit Track, Thrive treats, Scratching Barrel, Cat Tree, Da Bird and lots more for Christmas, or at some point in the near(ish) future.

I've also got a list of stuff to buy for the bunnies. And no lists for any of the humans :lol:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I confess to spoiling Geoffrey... :)
Recently he's had...
a new bed for the landing
a new bed for the corner of our bedroom he likes to sleep on at night
some new jingly balls to chase around the house (& lose)
New sisal mice with feathery tails (since he ripped the tails off the last one!)

He also has...
A crinkly tunnel
radiator bed
cat tree
scratch post
kickaroo
small wrestle toy
da bird and da mouse

Do I spoil him... no!!! :thumbup:
(just don't tell OH!)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
you lot make me feel mean..

I havnt really bought toys or beds lately, mind you the house is already full of cat toys. I usually pick up the odd toy when we go to the shows but due to kittens and moving house we havnt been anywhere in the last couple of months.

I dont feed my cats food treats mainly because they never get eaten, I keep finding open bags in backs of cupboards that have been tried and refused.

I have just been online this morning and spent a whopping £96.00 on food and cat litter which I have to say will last weeks not months :eek:

·
Administrator
35,983 Posts
you lot make me feel mean..

I havnt really bought toys or beds lately, mind you the house is already full of cat toys. I usually pick up the odd toy when we go to the shows but due to kittens and moving house we havnt been anywhere in the last couple of months.

I dont feed my cats food treats mainly because they never get eaten, I keep finding open bags in backs of cupboards that have been tried and refused.

I have just been online this morning and spent a whopping £96.00 on food and cat litter which I have to say will last weeks not months :eek:
Ssshhhhh! When I have an order for food and litter I tell my DH that it will last for ages :aureola: .... and then when I order again a few weeks later I tell him it was on offer so I had to order ;) He still moans about how much the girls cost me :rolleyes: but I tell him that they've earned it :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have bought Tomo and Yomi...

2 cat trees
A wicker cat bed/carrier
A play tunnel
Catnip mice
Plenty of Da Bird toys
A cuddle pouch
A fleecy bed

And very soon they are getting a huge amount of food from Zooplus... i am embarassed to say how much it'll cost but hey, it will last me for months! That's my excuse!

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Damn this thread:p!!!! Because of you Miss Jordan Rose I decided to add up the total of what I've spent on zooplus since June.......

£672!!!

For that price I could've got another Maine Coon! ;)

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn this thread:p!!!! Because of you Miss Jordan Rose I decided to add up the total of what I've spent on zooplus since June.......

£672!!!

For that price I could've got another Maine Coon! ;)
Oh my lord! You could've had a nice holiday! :lol:

I've not had much money since getting Spooks so haven't really bought much stuff. Now I have some money, however, I can see it being very dangerous (I wouldn't know where to start adding up money I've spent on Flix and Gaga over the last 2 years! :eek:)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm a little miffed. After reading this thread I went to zooplus to see what I've spent on little miss spoilt- but I can't get on my account! It says my email isn't registered with them :confused: Funny because I got a sales email from them today!

I've emailed customer services, but they haven't replied yet. I don't want to re-register or I'll lose my points :(

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Ok, my two have had:

A new scratching post
A scratching swirly mat
Some new toys
A radiator cat bed (free with Zooplus points :p )
And the most expensive, I spent £90 on a meat grinder for their raw, as the little darlings wouldn't eat the chopped bones :rolleyes:

Spoiled cats.... Never ;)

Dull slave who is wrapped around their little paws...... Probably :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i'm not letting arthur see this - he'll be reporting me to the rspca for neglect!! :eek:;)

he did get a da bird toy for his birthday recently... and a new litter box because i broke the door on his old one... and i chucked him a fresh drinking straw to play with the other day.. :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.