Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat sneezing blood

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Woody01, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Woody01

Woody01 PetForums Newbie

Hi, you might recall our new rescue cat had a bad tummy, she's been treated for a tummy bug and a cold (she was making funny nasal noises and sneezing). We've also now noticed blood when she sneezes, around the bath plug hole (she likes to get in the bath) and various other places, she also makes a kind of snorting noise like she's bringing something up but whatever it is she chews on and swallows back down. I'm going to ring the vet for advice tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had encountered similar?

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

could be a burst blood vessel within the nasal cavity.
    either way your cat will need antibiotics to clear the cold up if not having already.
    please keep us posted as we do worry so much about other peoples cats when they are poorly.

3. Woody01

Woody01 PetForums Newbie

She finished a seven day course last week. We've only had her a fortnight and she's not been right in that time at all, still got tummy issues and the sneezing/grunting is worse :( just want a well cat, she's not been immunised or spayed but we can't do any if that until she's 100%

4. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

i really think you should try Antirobe.
    i had a persian who had a cold, synulox didnt touch it but Antirobe cleared it up in 3 days.
    for the tummy issues i would try Kaolin from the chemist, this worked better for my cats than pro-kaolin from the vet, also rc gastro-intestinal is a great food for tummy problems.

5. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear that you cat is not well. Sometimes stress can also cause Tummy issues, I've experienced this with my new addition. Now he is eating for England and doing really well. The 6 day course of AB's I had to stop though due to they made him sick, this was probably because his issues were stress rather than Bacterial.

For the sneezing I would visit the vet again, clearly the last treatment didn't clear it up.

@CC Kaolin from the Chemists what dosage do you give? I imagine it is a lot cheaper than the prokolin that the vet prescribes. :)

6. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

kaolin from the chemist for us costs £1.32 for a bottle. depending on the weight of the cat, a 2kg weight will need 5mls once a day. used this on my kittens and cleared up in 3 days, did use pro-kaolin paste from the vet for 2 weeks without much success.:)

7. Woody01

Woody01 PetForums Newbie

Thanks both, she's going back to the vet tonight :smile5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice