Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Sitter Required

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by stockwellcat., Apr 3, 2017.

1. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

I apologise to the moderators if I have put this in the wrong place please feel free to move it if I have.

I am going away on the 22nd May until 24th May and possibly 25th May and need a registered cat sitter.

You will be required to come around 3 times a day to check on my cat, pay her a bit of attention, play with her and feed her whilst I am away and clean her cat litter tray out twice daily.

I require a reference or 2, DBS or CRB check, for you to have insurance and you to be available to do this. Please let me know what your fees are (this can be discussed privately).

My cat is fully vaccinated with RCP vaccine, will have had flea treatment (advantage) and would have been wormed with milbemax so there are no problems with this. She will have had a full medical examination as well from the vet to ensure she is ok due to her having an existing medical condition.

I have never done this before so please excuse me for being over cautious.

If you would like to provide any advice please do so or if I have missed anything let me know or can point me in the direction of any registered cat sitters websites in the Stockwell area of London.

Thanks everyone in advance for any advice given.

#1 stockwellcat., Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

have you tried asking for recommendations from your vet - that's how we found our sitter

stockwellcat. likes this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi @stockwellcat, have you asked your vet for recommendations of reliable, reputable cat sitters? The vet is almost certain to know of some who cover your area.

This is a company I know of by good repute but have not used them myself.

http://londoncatsittingcompany.com/meet-team/

edit :cross posted with Erenya. :)

4. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

Thank you for your replies @chillminx and @Erenya due to my cat having a heart condition she is seen at an animal hospital instead of local vets now. Do you think they will have a list of registered cat sitters?

Thank you for the website link @chillminx I will have a look at this.

5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

You can always ask at the hospital. Also contact your local vets, as even if you don't use them I am sure they'd be happy to give you recommendations for a good sitter.

6. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

You can only ask :) The receptionist at my vet said that as a company they couldn't recommend anyone (there's possibly liability issues) but she was willing to personally give me the number of her cat sitter.

7. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

When I moved to a new area, I asked at the vets and they gave me a few pet sitting companies telephone numbers.
    I think I interviewed 6 different people!
    In the end I was recommended a very small local business from the pet shop!

As soon as the couple walked in, I knew they were right, mine actually live in and have been sitting for me now for 5-6 years, we don't book any holidays without checking if they can sit first. The small company finished so my couple were retired they thought they wouldn't get other work, so to keep them I pay for their public liability insurance so they are covered.

Look into live in sitters, it's not that expensive! Plus massive peace of mind

stockwellcat. and chillminx like this.
  8. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

My vets were the same. Couldn't officially recommend anyone but said their ex vet nurse did pet sitting.

When she gave up sitting due to health reasons I then got a lady who is actually a dog walker. She had lots of positive reviews for dog walking, was very much into positive rewards based training and active in agility and rally etc with her collies.I couldn't find much about her Re cat care but liked her dog walking / sitting credentials so I asked her for an initial chat.

She came right in, sat in the floor and within a few minutes had all three of mine including my scared boy who is scared of even family when they first visit, climbing over her for cuddles.

We talked for over an hour (mostly about dogs :) ) and she seemed happy to meet all my criteria and follow my instructions.

She has been great. So maybe have a look at dog walkers too, get some reviews and see if they do cat visits.

ewelsh, stockwellcat. and chillminx like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice