Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cat showing

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by aella851, Aug 5, 2009.

1. aella851

aella851 PetForums Junior

who shows there cats?? are they neutered? any one have cat allegies who does showing?? just wondering thats all, just sounds like a nice hobby to do.

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

You can show any cat.

It can be shown as a pet if it is a moggie, as a pet pedigree if it is not registered with the body, as a pedigree kitten if it is registered, as an entire adult if it is registered as well as a separate group for neutered & registered cats.

If you are thinking of a showing a Siberian, you may find that due to them being limited & a rarer breed, a kitten of that quality that is required to show will be even more expensive. I believe I am correct in saying that they can only be assessed at the moment too? Not sure on that one. The GCCF website isn't entirely clear.

3. jandan

jandan PetForums Newbie

I show my cats - burmese, and as mentioned before on here I have allergies. I have found that if I take an anti-histamine before going to a show and take time outside during the shows I manage fine. I must admit that even if I didn't there is no way I would miss the shows I love looking at all the cats from the pedigrees to the HP's. Go to a couple of local shows and see for yourself I bet you will be hooked (you don't have to have a cat to go- you know)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice