Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat safe spider repellent

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Claudia Jevons, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Claudia Jevons

Claudia Jevons PetForums Newbie

Hi just posting here to ask if anyone had any suggestions for a cat safe spider repellent. Now I know that spiders are friends and I don't hate them, but my flatmate and I are rather scared of them, I'm slightly braver than she is and can use the grabber but I'm not always going to be here to get them out of the flat. It's gotten a bit ridiculous with spiders in our house, with huge ones turning up in the flat, at least one every day. The cats don't really do anything with them apart from stare.

I've heard peppermint oil is used as a natural remedy for this problem but I think it's poisoness. I've been looking into ultrasonic repellents but I'm not sure if it will stress my cats out!

Anyone got any other suggestions?

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Spiders are poisonous where i live, so never friends.

We spray the outside of the house, stops them before they can come in.

3. Callidora

Callidora PetForums Member

I also spray outside the house, are you in the UK? If so I use spider x (Amazon) I spray it all round the doors and windows

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice