Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Pregnancy, advice on previous experiences please

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Daisy1717, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Daisy1717

Daisy1717 PetForums Newbie

My girl Daisy is having her first litter, shes been to the vets twice and they have estimated 1 or 2 kittens, shes only tiny herself so her belly isnt huge. I think she conceived sometime mid January so i have been expecting kittens since last week. Nothing happened until Sunday where she became overly affectionate and would not leave me alone which is completely out of nature for her. She had some slight redish/mucasy discharge on sunday, not a lot though. She is also licking frantically and keeps going back and forth to her bed i set up for her however she is also sleeping in other places. She has also started becoming vocal and chirps at everything!She isnt as affectionate as she was on sunday, i thought the babys would come Sunday but its Wednesday now and still nothing! Shes still eating and drinking fine, and occasionally will play with my other cat and they will chase each other about. I dont think i can see any contractions as of yet either, are they obvious? Any advice?

2. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome Daisy :)
    There are a few others in your situation at the moment and several other threads currently active with lots of advice - I have nothing to add but it would be worth having a browse while you wait for someone to help.

Temporally_Loopy and catcoonz like this.
  3. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

If you don't have kittens born tonight, i would telephone the vet to see if they need to see Daisy in the morning.

spotty cats likes this.
  4. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

Not unusual for singles to run 70-71 days, but discharge 4 days ago may be an infection. as above phone your vet and see what they think.

I would set her up in a quiet space with her birthing box and other needs, away from other cats, so she can settle in for birth.
    You need to be present to ensure all kittens are born properly, cords are done and all placentas delivered.

Be sure to keep her inside until spayed, Mum and the kittens can all be done together at 10-12 weeks after birth.

catcoonz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice