Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat pooh........and cat scratching......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by animallover111, Aug 4, 2009.

1. animallover111

Wasnt sure where to post this.......does anyone know how i can try and stop cats coming in my garden and poohing on my plants....and scrating my box trees....its only the front as the dogs are in the back so cats tend to dare not enter......i dont have any grass at the front...most of its block paved....but i do have plants under my front window and down the sides......we have a few cats in the cul de sac.....but they keep poohing all over....and scratching the heck out of my box tree's....is there anything i can do or buy to try keep them out or off my garden.....my neighbour has put chicken wire all along his fence and hedging but it looks dangerous to me and i dont want any cats to get injured.....thanks in advance......

2. kath123

kath123 Guest

Get some 2 litre pop bottles and fill them with water. As we all know cats hate water and put them round the outside of your garden.

Or you can buy cat plants and the cats hate them you can get them online but maybe b & q somewhere like that.

Hope that helps hun xxxx

3. animallover111

Thank kath i have never heard of cat plants...will have a look.....someone told me to spray them with water if i catch them....and my nasty neighbour behind me said they need shooting with an air rifle.....:mad: :mad:
    xxxxxxxxx

4. kath123

kath123 Guest

He sounds like he needs shooting actually!!! Idiot!!! :cursing:

The water bottles should work hun to be honest but google cat plants and you should find them, there not harmful to cats they just dont like the smell of them. xx

5. animallover111

one of the main reasons i hope to move kathryn.....they are a horrid family...though they probably think the same about us.....:eek:.....
    i will def look for cat plants.....i do have a lavender bush i thought the smell would keep them away...but they dont seem bothered by it.....

xxxxx

6. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

Hi
    I used to have that problem! Until i bought a lemongrass plant
    cats don't like the smell of lemon! Since i planted some lemongrass plants not had a cat in the garden!
    Now the cats stay in their owners garden! And she does not like it!
    Hope this helps!
    Sandy
    Here are a couple of links that might help
    plants that deter cats | Buy cheap plants that deter cats and compare prices on plants that deter cats at Shopping.com UK | | Pet Supplies and Accessories | Home and Garden
    Cats digging in garden - Pests & Diseases Forum - GardenWeb
    hope the links help
    Sandy

7. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

8. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Moth balls.......scatter them round the garden, cats hate the smell and stay clear :D

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

The water in pop bottles theory works very well! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice