Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Poem

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Erenya, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

As something of a geek, I've been re-watching Star Trek the Next Generation and just saw the episode whee the android Lt Commander Data reads a poem he's written to his cat, Spot.

I'd forgotten all about this episode and it gave me a proper giggle, so I've laid it out as a piece that im going to get printed and put somewhere in the house,

here is it below (sorry the print quality isn't best, it's better as a PDF) spot-page-001.jpg :

Soozi, Joy84, Emmasian and 7 others like this.
  2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

That takes you back. Most of the sci-fi series had a cat or dog in them. I was watching an episode of Stargate a couple of weeks ago where they have a ginger cat who is given to an alien to take home. In my head I was thinking, he won't know how to look after that poor cat and they won't have pet shops on Planet whateveritwas.....duh! :rolleyes:

3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

That's funny!
    :D

4. Ceiling Kitty

Ceiling Kitty Hides away from much through humour...

That's awesome!

But I've always wondered why he was called Spot when he wasn't spotty. He was a ginger tabby.

@Charity maybe it's following on from the tradition of a 'Ship's Cat' back on Earth. Of course, they served an original purpose as vermin control but maybe it's tradition in space to have a 'Spaceship's Cat', hence the popularity in sci-fi shows? :D

The movie Alien had a ginger cat called Jones. I almost cried when his carrier was tossed down the corridor by the alien with him inside! :eek::Arghh:Arghh He was okay though. He was the only survivor, apart from Sigourney Weaver obviously.

Charity likes this.
  5. JaimeandBree

JaimeandBree PetForums VIP

Fab poem - not sure Jaime would agree about the "not sentient" bit though!:D

6. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

Absolutely. Cats are more sentient than an awful lot of humans I know!

claire8234 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice