Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat playing quite aggressive

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by VladTheLad, Jan 4, 2021.

1. VladTheLad

VladTheLad PetForums Newbie

Hi there,

We have had the pleasure of our lovely boy Loki since he was about 8 weeks old (he is now 1 year & 8 months) and he’s absolutely amazing and we love him so much (to the point we’ve let him away with too much probably)! However, he has recently gotten really bad with jumping up on us for example bent over brushing teeth he’ll jump on our back with claws out or standing talking he’ll jump up our leg and stick the claws in. He also likes to pick at the edges of the carpet and has basically destroyed one part which we’re gonna have to replace.

He loves playing and he’s super energetic, he loves his red dot laser pointer, his springy mouse toy and balls with rattles in them but he won’t go anywhere near his scratching post, instead preferring to use the couch, carpet or us. I will admit I played with him a lot with my hands when he was young but he has recently gotten really bad with the play attacking/proper attacking. We know he’s about to do it (if we see him) when he’ll sit down and the pupils dilate a little, I can’t recall if his ears go a certain way but I don’t think so.

We have to shut him out the bedroom at night because he just causes bother and ends up meowing really loudly to get in just to do stuff to get attention. We’d like to be able to have him be able to come into the room too.

We have tried using a water spray bottle and he runs away from that but it doesn’t deter him, if you folks could give me some idea of what we could try to discourage the play/actual attacking and stop the carpet picking I’d be willing to try anything!

Thanks in advance!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice