Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat plastered in at the rear!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MarkA67, Oct 10, 2019.

1. MarkA67

MarkA67 PetForums Newbie

So today every time my cat walked past me, I smelt a horrible smell. He went to the toilet not long ago so thought maybe he’d got some poop on his paws. It wasn’t until I caught a glimpse of his behind that I noticed the sheer horror... My cat had, no other word for it, exploded around his butt and was plastered in poop! I managed to use the shower head and gentle massaging to get most of it off (and boy OH BOY will that smell haunt me **FOREVER** - I honestly think it is the worst thing I have ever had the honour of sniffing!!!)

I’d say a good 90% of it has gone, but there were some small bits that I couldn’t get at as he was wriggling (and clawing, biting and scratching) too much. There was also a big ball which I’m not sure if it was matted poop or something else (like a testicle!) so I didn’t mess with that. There is still a small smell when getting close to him but its not blatantly obvious like it was when he just happened to walk by 5 feet away like it was before his bath

Will he be able to bath the rest of it out himself or would a second bath be best (or a trip to a cat groomer?)

I’m gonna keep an eye on him and obviously if it happens again I’ll take him to the vets in case there’s something going on down there, but since this is his first time I’m hoping it’s just an accident and he squatted a bit too much in the litter box or similar!

2. spotty cats

spotty cats PetForums VIP

If he has testicles he needs to see a vet anyway for neutering.

The smell should diminish as he cleans himself, you may be able to comb out any remaining bits.

3. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

To add to the above, you'll want to figure out what caused the diarrhea.

chillminx and Rufus15 like this.
  4. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

What they both said ^^^^

5. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to an AcroCat

Could the ball be an anal gland?

chillminx and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice