Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat peeing on bed

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Mari Grant, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Mari Grant

Mari Grant PetForums Newbie

For the past three years or so our ten year old cat has been peeing on my husband's side of the bed - never my side. Before that she was fine and peed outside, no litter tray.

We assume this is something to do with the cats next door who come into our house as this coincided with when they arrived. We do have a magnetic cat flap, but they often sneak in past our legs when we come in, and during the summer come in through the open doors and windows.

We try and keep our bedroom door closed and have put a litter tray in the bathroom for her just in case she feels trapped upstairs due to next door's cats being downstairs. But that's a real pain, and of course sometimes we forget or she sneaks in while we're not looking and we accidentally lock her into the bedroom. And recently she started peeing on our son's bed so we're having to keep his door closed too.

This is so annoying - it soaks through the pillows and duvet and through into the mattress. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. lea247

lea247 PetForums VIP

Sounds like your poor cat has been stressed for far too long and it will take time and patience to put things rights again.

I would buy a microchip cat flap ASAP, that way only your cat can use it. I would clean the house throughly with a biological solution such as Biotex or Simple Solution Odour Remover. Your house will smell of the neighbours cats to your cat, even if it doesn't to you. You should also clean the beds with this as well and consider buying cheap waterproof protectors for your matress. Get some screens so that you can open your windows and doors without the other cats appearing.

It would probably also buy some Zylkene or Beaphar calming spot on.

You could think about cat proofing your garden too if the other cats are causing havoc with your cat. Perhaps have a word with their owner too.

3. Mari Grant

Mari Grant PetForums Newbie

Already microchip cat flat but yes screens and calming spot good idea thanks.

Summercat likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

And a couple of litter trays.

Summercat and chillminx like this.
  5. Tom681

Tom681 Banned

Yes, add more litter boxes in the house.. I think the Cat that is coming into your house is having a stressful effect on your Cat.. Hope you can get this sorted asap! All the best

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice