UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend has just had this through her door (ive taken out the ladies full name and address btw)

"To All pet owners!

My name is Donna and my family and I live at .......... On saturday 6th October our black cat Bavaro came home with a painful leg injury so we took him straight to Estover Veterinary Hospital.

Xrarys showed that as well as a slice injury to his lower leg he has also been shot! An airgun pellet was found in his pelvis. Thankfully the pellet had not hit anything vital so he is now at home recovering nicely.

There have been a lot of "missing cat" notices around our area lately and we are concerned that there may be a link here.

We have reported the shooting of our cat to the Police. Please be vigilant and report anything suspicious. The crime number to link things to is EC4/12/9649. Thank you".

Bloody sick :(

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Luckily we dont live IN plymouth, but are on the outskirts, but our cats...well one is strictly indoors and the other two are old and cant get out the garden, so luckily for them they will be safe.

Another reason to be glad we decided to keep jenson in!

G

·
Absolutely horrifying, and an argument for enclosures/catproofed yards. Higher populations means closer neighbours, less green areas and more antisocial/sadistic/sociopaths, etc in everyone's neighbourhood. It is sad that things have come to this, but it's the only near guarantee of old age or genetic fault being the only cause of death/illness.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
One of my lot, Max, turned up in March last year with a swollen nose and forehead (neither are the best of pics)

He wasn't in any obvious pain but was very subdued. The morning after the swelling had gone but revealed this which looked suspiciously like a pellet wound to me

Had I known he would have been taken to the vet straight away, but thankfully he was back to normal 24 hours later (*whatever* had just broken the skin and soon scabbed over)

Ian

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its heartbreaking :(

if i ever found them id be shooting them in some soft parts of their body see how much they like it

Ian is he ok now? My foxy sometimes gets in fights and comes home with holes in his head little monkey x

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Its heartbreaking :(

if i ever found them id be shooting them in some soft parts of their body see how much they like it

Ian is he ok now? My foxy sometimes gets in fights and comes home with holes in his head little monkey x
He's fine thanks, he's just a very unlucky cat. Besides the *pellet wound*, he has herpes and had most of his tail amputated after a mystery accident at his last home a few years ago.

Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.