Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat on a hot tile roof

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Murphy’s Mum, May 15, 2019.

1. Murphy’s Mum

Murphy’s Mum PetForums Newbie

My cat is so insistent in getting on our neighbour’s roof (20+ft high).
    Our fence leads on to their garage roof, he get to the peak of that and can then jump up on to their roof.
    When he was about 8 months old he managed to get up there and fell off. He was fine (god knows how) just frightened. I’m terrified of this happening again with a worse outcome.
    Does anyone know of any way I can deter him from doing this? I’ve read reviews on deterrent powders but I’m not sure they would work.
    With it not being our garden we can’t attach anything to the garage!
    I’ve included a picture as my explanation probably leaves a lot to the imagination!

Attached Files:

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Murphy’s Mum likes this.
  3. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to Sir Scratchalot

I tried a deterrent powder to stop a neighbours cat pooping on my veg patch - the cat pooped on top of it

Murphy’s Mum likes this.
  4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Was it pepper dust? It needs applying every few days as well as every time after rain. Then I think it can work, but you would get through a lot of it!

Friends who have an allotment say it is more effective to use lion dung compost (called Roar) to deter cats from pooping on their veggies. ;)

5. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to Sir Scratchalot

It was citrus and I put it down really thick - he literally did poop on top of it. I had to laugh :Hilarious

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice