Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat not pooing after spay

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by AshLovesCats, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AshLovesCats

AshLovesCats PetForums Newbie

We had our stray female spayed on Wednesday, she didn't eat anything but a few treats for 2 days and slept mostly but has been eating fine since yesterday and seems back to her usual self today. The only problem is she's only peed once on Thursday after she drank a lot and it was a big puddle and hasn't pooped at all.

She hasn't drank since thursday so maybe that's why she hasn't peed but she has been eating fine since yesterday and still no poo, she usually goes outside but she knows how to use a litter box.

I mentioned this to the vet as she had a 2 day checkup yesterday and she told me she felt a poo developing and if she hasn't in 24-48 hours to then call in. Her wound is healing fine and she's back to her usual self today but i can't help but worry, is this normal?

2. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

I’m sure she will poo soon! A GA does really slow the system down so as long as she’s eating and drinking plenty I think you will see a nice deposit in the litter tray soon. Add some warm water to her wet food and avoid dry food. Hope all good soon! Let us know how it goes. x

3. chattycat

chattycat PetForums Newbie

I know very little, however I have just done a thread with similar circumstance (male stray spayed and urinating).

However, I have been reading due to him and have read it's quite normal for a cat to go a few days without going.

Quite a coincidence though, even down to the day!

Soozi likes this.
  4. AshLovesCats

I sure hope so, she doesn't really drink that often but I've been giving her water through a syringe and adding extra water into her food.

Soozi likes this.
  5. AshLovesCats

aaah i really hope that's the case, i'm such a worrier.I hope your cat is okay

Soozi likes this.
  6. chattycat

chattycat PetForums Newbie

I'm the same, always worrying!
    I hope so too, he seems fine though. I hope your cat is OK too.

Soozi likes this.
  7. AshLovesCats

@Soozi @chattycat good news she peed a puddle in the night and done a normal poo during the night :)

Soozi likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice