Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat missing since yesterday.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Merlins mum, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Merlins mum

Merlins mum PetForums Newbie

I was missing my cat while in holiday but when my friend went to let him back in yesterday tea - time he darted in but as soon as she started to close the door he bolted out not to be seen since. She can't fund him anywhere and I'm beside myself. I don't get home till 4 pm tomorrow and I can't stop worrying what has happened to him. I know it's sunny in England but normally he would lay in the drive on on the grass.

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Aw no, sorry to hear this :(

Sounds like he was a bit scared of your friend being there instead of you, I am sure he is just hiding out there somewhere and is probably fine. The weather has been changing lately but I am sure he will be sheltering close by. I would advise her to leave food outside for him until you get back tomorrow. I am sure he will come out of hiding when you come back and call him.

My Grandma fed our cats once when I went away with my parents and my nervous cat Charcoal didn't come indoors all week!! But she was fine when we got back.

#2 Treaclesmum, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  3. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed he's there waiting for you when you get back. Food and water left outside is a v good idea. :thumbup1:

4. Polly G

Polly G PetForums VIP

I had a similar thing happen in the past. I am sure as soon as you get back he will surface. Try not to worry too much x

5. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

I'm sorry to hear your cats has gone missing :(

The weather where I am has been quite wet, so maybe he's being sensible and sheltering from the rain.

Keeping everything crossed he'll be waiting to welcome you home tomorrow.

6. Merlins mum

Thankyou for all your kind and sensible words I can't wait for tomorrow evening though my friend is going over at 5.30 tonight to feed and water him and look for him too. we always leave water out but if we leave food the hedgehogs come and get it so unsure he will get it. Roll on Sunday evening, ironically I don't usually say those words to wish weekend away so ease excuse me all who have 2 days off this weekend. x

7. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

best wishes for his safe return

8. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

Hope he's back soon.

9. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

Any news? Fingers and paws crossed that its good.

10. Laurac

Laurac PetForums VIP

Keeping everything crossed.

11. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Keeping everything crossed that your boy is waiting for you when you get home x

12. Merlins mum

I was so upset when no at when I got home , I looked everywhere then I saw him looking for food under my car, where my friend had left him food the day before, but I had moved it. He came over to me and I stroked him while he was looking for food then I made the mistake of trying to pick him up and bring him in and he went berserk and clawed his way from me.
    Under normal circumstances he usually wakes me in night and I let him out for a few hours but with my friend coming he has been locked in at night so basically he did a runner on my friend. I think that is why he behaved as he did. So, now I have to earn his trust again and show him he won't be locked up, that's if he comes back, my husband thinks hunger will get the better of him, but if I leave food out for him I fear he will never come in again. I have left water out, though. Has anyone any suggestions, give me some tips. We haven't a cat flap and he isn't the sort of cat who would jump through a window if I left one open. Desperate to make things right with Merlin again plus it's been raining and windy and he is usually curled up at my side in weather like this. Help.

13. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I would put some food out each night and each night i would put it nearer to your house.
    Does he like any treats like Dreamies that you could tempt him with.?
    Some how you will need to catch him and then keep him in for a few days for him to relax and bond with you.
    A few years ago one of my cats got lost and was find 100 yards around the corner from where we live. When I saw her she was very frightened and wouldn't come any where near me. In the end we managed to grab her and take her home. Once I got her home she gave me the most a maxing cuddles and purrs and wouldn't leave me alone. Some how they don't associate with us in a strange place. Maybe it's because they are so frightened.

So try not to worry. You will get him back.
    If in a couple of days you have not caught him then perhaps the cats protection can lend you a cat trap.

14. Merlins mum

Thank you, yes I put some food out last night and its gone hopefully it was my cat who took it he was very hungry last night looking for food. Dreamies, he has always come for them but not now. My friend last week gave them to him to get him in then he was locked up so at the moment he will eat them off the floor but won't come running. A friendly trap sounds like a good idea. I am taking today off to see if I can lure him back so I will make enquires. Thanks again for your help, I will keep you posted.

15. Polly G

Polly G PetForums VIP

Paws crossed for him coming home to stay today :)

16. Merlins mum

Hi I have managed to get my boy in under duress but left him while I went to shop and sorted my head in not to make things worse for him. He is settled on the bed and purred when he let me stroke him. So I think he's coming round. Thanks for all your words of kindness. x

17. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

So pleased to hear Merlin is home :thumbup:

18. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Good news Merlin is home x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice