Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat meowing and unsettled all the time.

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Ponytails999, May 10, 2017.

1. Ponytails999

Ponytails999 PetForums Newbie

Please can anyone advise. I got my cat 3 1/2 years ago as a stray at the age of approx 13 weeks. At the time she was totally unsociable and on bringing her home she would hide behind the toilet or under the settee. At the time I had another cat and a dog. After a lot of patience and devotion she eventually became more sociable with both myself and other pets. She was never a vocal cat back then but since losing the dog and my other cat last September she has become very meowy and unsettled. When she's in she sits at the back door crying to get out and when I let her out she sits crying to get back in. I keep her in on a night as neighbours have complained she sits at the back door crying to get in from 10pm - 7am. On a night she sleeps on my bed and at 4am every morning (I can set my watch by her) she cries to go out but then wants back in. I'm at my wits end as I don't want her to be unhappy but whatever I do for her doesn't seem to be right. Since having her she's still very timid and my vet said she will probably never be any different with her being an ex-stray. Also, she isn't a great eater and one minute she eats a certain brand of food then she totally goes off it and on to something else, then she'll go off that. Any help appreciated.

2. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

As this has occurred since you lost your dog and other cat, could she be missing the company?

3. Ponytails999

Ponytails999 PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your reply. That is what I first thought but as it's been 8 months since I would have thought she was past that but maybe not. The sad thing is because I now rent my landlord will not allow anymore pets so getting a friend for her isn't an option.

4. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

How about trying more play time with her? Maybe that might make her more settled...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice