Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cat litter

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by tazzlangridge, Aug 11, 2009.

1. tazzlangridge

tazzlangridge PetForums Newbie

What is the best cat litter to use for multi cats x i have two kittens both boys x their loo is in a small area x their loo is covered x just need to find a good odour controlled cat litter x any suggestion appreciated x tazz :p

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

There are lots of threads on this try searching.

3. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Sorry your x's were confusing me.

You can get a good litter at Pets at Home antibacterial. It's fine. Oko (flushable) is great and Catsan.

#3 Milly22, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  4. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

I use Oko Plus Cats Best in the main trays (its a clumping wood based litter and very good for odour control - it does track a bit though!) and Clean n Tidy clay based clumping litter from PAH in the upstairs tray (also good odour control plus less tracking than Cats Best)

I'd get an extra tray if you have two kittens, its recommended to have 1 tray per cat, plus one extra, but two would be sufficient I'm sure. :)

5. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

I use Catsan for my 5! It clears up odour brilliantly and I dont have to change it as frequently which cuts down on the cost!

6. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

At the moment I use Catsan Clumping litter.

Does anyone can recommend one that wont stick to my kitty's paws and is clumping? Flushable would be advantage :)

7. tazzlangridge

Where can i buy oko! :p

8. tazzlangridge

Thanx for all yr replies. Will have a good look round.

Ginger/white Malakai-Oliver
    Grey/white Zeus-Kodar

Attached Files:

#8 tazzlangridge, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  9. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

You can buy Oko online which is probably easier as PAH never seem to have it in stock.

10. Tim_A

Tim_A PetForums Junior

Another thing which could help is the scented litter tray liners.. though i've always wondered how much they really helped :confused:

11. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

I don't rate litter tray liners, they just get scratched up and any fluid leaks through anyway, plus scented ones can put some cats off actually using the tray. :)

Tazzlan, you can get OKO (Cats Best) at PAH like Mellowma mentioned, Jollyes and some independent pet shops stock it. :) Online you can get it from quite a few places Zooplus Cat's Best Cat Litter: great bargain at zooplus and Petfood Warehouse the Petfood Warehouse - Cat's Best ÖkoPlus Clumping Litter - For Kittens & Cats - Make unpleasant indoor odours a thing of the past! - Pet Products Delivered to Your Door

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice