Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Litter

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Nick65, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Nick65

Nick65 PetForums Junior

OK, the 64,000 dollar question - What is the best cat litter?

I am currently using Sainsburys Clumping Cat Litter, which has clay in it but it gets quite sticky when the cats have had a wee.

All I want is one that you can pick up easily with a plastic bag or little shovel and not too expensive.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

World's Best, it may seem expensive but works out reasonable in the long run and, in my view, is brilliant :D

3. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Definitely worlds best, its brilliant and lasts really well. and is great at odour control.

Izzie

4. Nick65

Nick65 PetForums Junior

Who sells that?

5. Jewel

Jewel PetForums Junior

I use Yesterdays News cat litter, it is made from recycled paper, is virtually odor free.......and makes NO mess. After 'poos' the litter can be scooped up and disposed of down the toilet. Brilliant!

6. Missymoo

Missymoo PetForums Senior

I use the wood pellets fron pets at home!! i find it best for us!! x

7. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

I prefer Sophisticat Pink or Tesco Premium Lightweight Cat Litter, they're pretty much the same stuff.

8. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I've just starting using chick crumbs - and I'm really impresssed! It clumps, it's okay if the kittens eat it, it absorbs smells, it's cheap, it isn't dusty, it isn't clay based (environmental issues for me there) and it tracks no more than wood based stuff.

9. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

We now use next doors old sandpit! Which I'm happy about, as they love the cats, don't use the sandpit anymore & I go round and clean it evert couple of days :)

We did use the cheapy Tesco clumping one while they were kittens though. Bit dusty, but did what it said on the bag. Did try Catsan, but it didn't clump at all and would smell after a couple of days.

Ian F.

10. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

I use the blue bag one with the white persian on it, I don't use a great amount, cos if I put lot's in, Baloo tends to poo on top of it & will not cover it, so I put just enough to make a mound for him to dig in & he covers it. Tried a few at the start but he is happy with this.

11. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

A couple of day's yuck, clean it out every day, omg ha! no wonder it stinks. I clean mine as soon as he has done a poo in it, he runs up to us & tells us he has been. little stinker.

12. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

i use yesterdays news.

13. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

I think a lot of the litter pong is down to what you feed them, I feed raw diet so hardly any pong.

14. crystal

crystal PetForums Member

I find catsan is best no dust or smell

15. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

I use yesturday's news. It was recommended to me by Dolly's breeder and I've found it to be very good and had no reason to want to change. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice