UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now we've gone back to 4 cats and with them being indoors most of the time, we are getting through a lot of cat litter....

The two elder ones who still go out, dont like to use the outside world for a loo when it gets colder and now with two more in the house we are gonna use a heck of a lot more litter!

We have the main litter tray in the kitchen and a second one up in the spare room, i know everyone will say you need more, but its been totally fine for us as they mostly used to toilet outside, now they dont of course ;)

So second litter tray introduced and a 4th cat plus lot more litter, we use Morrisons Savers, or Tescos cheap brand as obviously its cheaper....dad reckons we're getting through about 6 bags a week which works out to 60kg of litter a week and thats a freaking load of litter!

So, from multicat household experience, whats the best litter to use? We arnt after any that hide smells, so that dont bother us if it does or doesnt, just want best value for best usage!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have to say I recently started using Oko from Zooplus and am finding it wonderful :) I had been using just Tesco clumping litter before and although I thought it was awful I hadn`t realised just how bad it was until I changed over:(

I had shied away from Oko because of the price but decided to have a go when Zooplus had the £10 off offer on :eek: I figured if it was to be rubbish then at least it had cost me a bit less.

I`ve been using it for around 2 weeks and hardly seem to have used any. We have a normal litter tray and a giant covered one with two cats :)

Hope this helps :smile5:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Coming from a 3 totally indoor cat household I can sympathise!

We still trying to see what work's best - Tigerino (?) seem's ok but doesn't clump that well after a few days.

We're going back to Classy Cat - 15kg for about £13. It seems to last a bit longer and better at clumping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.