Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat likes Cravendale milk

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Acrophylla, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Acrophylla

Acrophylla PetForums Member

One of my cats really likes Cravendale milk, he demands several saucer-fulls of it a day. He ignores water. He's about ten years old, looks very healthy with short glossy fur and is active , but should he be drinking so much milk?

2. Space Chick

Space Chick PetForums VIP

Most cats are lactose intolerant , so they really shouldn't have milk.

There isn't a nutritional need for cats to have milk, even cat milk you can buy, water is more than sufficient for drinking.

I know cats are often drawn to dairy (as my two will prove when I have cheese or cream) but it can give them stomach issues and runny bottoms.

So I'd try and wean your cat off it personally.

3. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Why specifically Cravendale or has he been watching the adverts :D

4. rich24uk

rich24uk PetForums Junior

Try to avoid it if possible, a little bit here and there is not such a major problem but they cannot digest it well.

You could try and dilute a dash of it with water instead of feeding 100% milk, our old cat used to like this and seemed to cope ok with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice