Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat & Kitten not getting along:-(

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Sweetie, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Sweetie

Sweetie PetForums Member

My Norwegian Forest cat is 17 months old, and my BSH is just over 4 months. When we introduced them there were snarls and hissing for a few days but then they were good friends, but Sweets did like to play fight, Angelica gave as good as she got and there was nothing nasty about it.

They have been fine for 4 weeks so we were pleased, then today they suddenly just started rolling around, as my hubby described it 'it was like a big ball of cat' My NFC set on my BSH kitten and there was alot of noise. I was out at the time. Hubby took my NFC away from it into another room. Now all my NFC is doing is snarling at my husband, she is acting very very scared and timid. She is sort of creeping around the house looking scared. If she sees the kitten she hits her with her paw and they hiss and growl really loudly.

Neither are hurt, they are walking around fine. Our BSH seems to want to play nicely again but as soon as she approaches our NFC she gets hit and they both growl and hiss, it is horrible. Our NFC is acting so strangely since and keeps showing her teeth.

It just isn't like her, weve never had any issues, she's a beautiful, friendly cat:(

Our BSH isn't aggresive towards us since the fight, it is just our NFC.

Our NFC has been spayed. Why would this happen? Any advice?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice