Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat/Kitten Milk

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by hellzbellz, Feb 11, 2012.

1. hellzbellz

hellzbellz PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone,

Did post about this on thursday but must have got lost in the ether or fell off the moderators desk!! as I'm a newbie.

I would like your views on the Cat/Kitten milk sold in supermarkets etc. Haven't researched about it but gather its lactose reduced and usually goats milk. Some of mine wont drink water unless its out of a puddle, the fish tank or the loo:eek:. But they drink the milk.

As certain brands have soared in price and some disappeared completely I was wondering if Lactofree milk usually for humans! would be a safe replacement.

It doesnt give me belly ache like normal semi when I drink it (havent been tested for any intolerance etc) and it would work out a lot cheaper than the cartons. £1.20 - 30 a litre compared to 50-90p for 200 mls.

Would like your comments. Have given it to the cats and they like it.

Helen

#1 hellzbellz, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  2. ella

ella PetForums VIP

Hiya

Bibi loves cat milk too - I buy shops brand and it is much cheaper and she still loves it. (Asda's own seems very reasonable) Pets at home even do a lighter version alongside their full strength one - and there was a multibuy offer recently.

I'm lactose intolerant myself (related to medication), and have the Lactofree milk - but it is a lot thinner than the cat milk. I havent tried her on it because it looks so thin in comparision to the cat milk. Bibi will have a full milky beard with the cat milk!!

3. Rukamoochi

Rukamoochi PetForums Newbie

I gave my cat regular lactose free milk from the store but he still got runny stools from it. Is there something else in that special cat milk?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice