Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Itching and wounds in her skin

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Aslan2020, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Aslan2020

Aslan2020 PetForums Newbie

Hello there! I am new in this forum (I am sorry for my English, I am Spanish living in the UK).

I am a little bit desperate. My boyfriend's cat, Aslan, had a lot of itching so his dad brought her to the vet and they gave us a Fleas Treatment which you put on the top of her neck, like always.

This treatment should make effect in about 24 hours and I haven't seen any flea but Aslan has only go worst in terms of wounds. She is scratching all the time and biting herself a lot when she cleans herself. I know this is normal sometimes but she is losing a bit of hair and making herself some wounds. Also, some of the wounds are in the beginning of the hair root. Looks like the vet said that she was okay back on the clinic, that he didn't see anything weird from outside.

You can see the pictures with the wounds.

I am asking for advice. I'll probably take her myself to another vet, but in the meantime, if I can get some advices or ideas from you guys I would be very happy.

Thank you,
    Raquel

Attached Files:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Aslan2020

Hello Raquel and welcome. Your English is fine, no worries. :)

Flea Allergy dermatitis is the most common sort of skin allergy in cats.

Is Aslan an outdoor cat and if so, does your boyfriend treat her protectively for fleas every month?

If a cat has a flea allergy just one bite from a flea can start the allergic reaction again.

If Aslan is indoors only and has never had fleas, it could be the case that she has a food allergy.

What foods is she fed?

Is she an only pet? Or are there other cats in the house? Or dogs?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice