Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat is really skinny

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Jess2001, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jess2001

Jess2001 PetForums Newbie

My cat is usually one to go out quite often but always stay around my area. Recently she went out and didn't come back for 5 days and as soon as she jumped back in she was incredibly quiet and still which is not normal as she's usually really loud and meows a lot. She came in really skinny as well (i could feel all of her bones)

I gave her some food which she instantly ate and gave her a bath, once again she was so quiet and still. Now shes shaking a lot?? i'm really worried about her
    I'm not really sure if theres something special i can feed her, should i take her to the vets??
    is this a thing cats usually do?
    I just want the best for my kitty can anyone help?

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I would get your vet to check her over. She may have been in a fight or had an accident and be hiding some pain or an injury.

sandy-cat, Sacremist and chillminx like this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@Jess2001 - hello and welcome :)

Being still and quiet, when it is not normal for her, sounds worrying. The shaking is even more worrying. I would take her to the vet first thing in the morning. She could have an internal injury from an accident, or an infection from a bite. I would not leave it any longer than the morning to get her seen by a vet.

sandy-cat and Sacremist like this.
  4. Ottery

Ottery Cat Lady

Take her to the vet as soon as possible. It sounds as if she may have an injury which may not be apparent.

sandy-cat likes this.
  5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice