Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat introductions

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Alex13deano, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Alex13deano

Alex13deano PetForums Newbie

hello,
    I’ve recently adopted a rescue kitten (who is absolutely wonderful). I already have an 8 year old cat in the home, and he’s not feeling the new kitten.
    She’s been in her own room since we adopted her, and explored the house a bit, but has not interacted with the cat yet.
    However the cat (Tiggs), does not seem amendable to introductions.
    We’ve been doing the scent exchange, as recommended, which he seems fine with (he hasn’t really reacted at all).
    But he is spending all his time sat on the doorstep outside, even when the door is open, and he chooses to leave the house to sit on the doorstep. He now whines when we pick him up, and doesn’t really want to go upstairs (where she is).
    He has growled once (when the door to her room was open) and is being less affectionate than usual.
    We’ve had the kitten only two weeks (so maybe I’m panicking prematurely), but I don’t want his personality to change because she’s here - he’s usually so affectionate.
    Also I don’t know what further stages to do to bring them closer to interaction stage.
    Please help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice