Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Insurance

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Bigsize9foot, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

Hi all,

I was wondering what folk have for their vets fees claim amount on their insurance as I am considering changing ours.

We are currently with Pet Plan who I have to say have been great but they are expensive. Luna is covered for £4k and Archie and Thor for £7k. When we had Archie, we got very close to the £4k on both years- he had HCM which involved 3 monthly checks at about £6-800 and a couple of episode of heart failure which would have been about £2k.

I have the option of going to £5k or £7.5K with Sainsburys for nearly half the cost of Petplan. Just wondering if £7.5k might be a bit excessive? Ive been with Sainsburys before and also found them to be very good.

B

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Be aware that if you change insurance companies they will most likely exclude any conditions already noted on the vet history whether claimed for or not . Also although Pet Plan can seem more expensive in the early years their premiums don't rise as steeply as many other companies .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice