Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat insurance for fosterer

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by honestfi, Nov 26, 2019.

1. honestfi

honestfi PetForums Newbie

Hi all

I have just started fostering cats through a well known charity. They pay for food, bedding, vaccs, chips and any general or emergency treatment they need. They also deal with the rehoming paperwork etc.

Although there is out of hours emergency treatment available, I would like to share the charity's burden by insuring the cats that come in and out of my responsibility. I am not looking for any sort of comprehensive cover; only accidents, sudden illnesses, poisons etc, anything that requires quick, urgent treatment, not routine or age related stuff.

Looking at comparison websites, they ask too specific questions. Are there any insurance companies that will 'blanket' cover all animals in the house, accident and emergency only?

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi @honestfi and welcome :)

I think for 'blanket' cover, for any (and every) animal who is staying in your home, you would probably need something similar to the cover provided for boarding catteries, e.g. the Pet Plan Sanctuary cover.

https://www.petplansanctuary.co.uk/pet-business-insurance-policies/cattery-insurance

As you're not running a commercial business you'd only need the "Care of Animals" component (not the Buildings cover or the Employers/Public liability cover) so your policy should be calculated accordingly. Even so, I think the premiums might work out to be quite expensive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice