Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat insurance 3 legged cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Lyndsay100, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Lyndsay100

Lyndsay100 PetForums Newbie

Hi there,

My partner and I have recently adopted a 3 legged cat and I was wondering if anyone knew whether this would affect pet insurance or where is best to go for insurance? He lost his leg after being hit by a car and has no pre existing medical conditions. Also, we are now keeping him as an indoor cat in order to keep him safer.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks :)

2. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Pet plan are very good.

I'm not sure insurers ask how many legs a cat has. And as he is adopted I would assume he has no medical history as such. I would insure him prior to taking him to a new vets.

3. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

Tho It probably does have to be listed under "existing medical conditions" is they ask

4. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Would it be a medical condition? If he is as capable as a four legged cat? And no issues as a result?

5. Etienne

Etienne Dad to Puss and Shadow

I believe you have too. Our dog has only three legs and we had to inform insurers of this fact

huckybuck likes this.
  6. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Defo state this previous injury when insuring. I do believe anything relating to this will not be covered, however as an otherwise healthy cat this won't affect his insurance much x

Etienne and huckybuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice