Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

CAT INCISION

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kamikaze, Mar 4, 2017.

1. kamikaze

kamikaze PetForums Member

Earlier this year my grandmas cat popped her hip out out of place. It was really bad and ended up tearing up a bunch of tissue and the healing process has been long. The whole time she has been in a sling. We got it changed once halfway through and when they put the second one on it must have been too tight because it basically sliced through her skin. When we got the sling off today they found it and gave her staples and sent her home telling us to wait for the staples to heal the wound and come back in 12 days.

First day home and her staples popped. My grandma is in an extremely financial tight spot and can't afford the emergency vet. They aren't open again until Monday. She asked me to make a post asking what to do until then and how high risk infection is. She's super worried about it called me really upset and unsure what to do

I took a look at it and it's about the length of an American dime / nickel. It's deep but not bleeding or anything. Any advice would be awesome :(

2. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

Does the emergency vet have a phone number? I'm thinking you could call them for advice, maybe they don't charge if the vet didn't put the staples in properly?
    Sorry, not sure what else to advise in this situation.

3. kamikaze

kamikaze PetForums Member

Thank you waiting on call from emergency vet.

moggie14 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice