Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat in my garden

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bunny Mum483, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Bunny Mum483

Bunny Mum483 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I ve got a rabbit that lives outside in my back yard. He is living in a hutch but during the day he is allowed out so he his hopping around for most of the day. Past week or so I ve noticed cats poo all over my back yard. I will clean It up, the following morning it's all over the place again. I ve read that cats don't like smell of cinamon, lavender etc, I got some and sprinkled it around but It didn't help. Could I please can any other advice what to do to keep the cat away?i have got nothing against cats just want to keep my bunny safe and happy. Thank you very much for any help.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Make your garden cat proof.

lorilu likes this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Sounds mad but it can help if you befriend the cat and actively try to encourage it - then it will see your garden as part of its territory and cats don't tend to mess in their own territories.

Of course that can only work if you dont own a cat and the only objection you have is the cat mess.

They do say filling plastic bottles with water and placing them around the garden can help

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I agree with @Lurcherlad . You are going to have to enclose your garden to keep cats out, to keep your bun safe. It's really going to be the only permanent, safe, solution.

LinznMilly and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

6. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Actually, i didnt read the OP properly - i thought the rabbit was in a hutch secure. If it is hopping about round the garden, you have no option but to cat proof the garden or get the rabbit in a secure run.

Lurcherlad and LinznMilly like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice