Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Homing advise

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GinGin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. GinGin

GinGin PetForums Member

Hi.

Its been a while since I have been on the forum but am looking for some honest answers. Mikey is now 9 months. About 2 months ago I decided to give him to my folks as I thought he was lonely in my house as I was out a lot and felt I never had the time he deserved. At the time he hadnt been neutuered and was still a crazy kitten (LOL) . he's at my folks and seems to have settled in well but i really really miss him and want to bring him back to my house. Do you think this is cruel to Mikey? he has now been neutured and seems to sleep a lot more now I just dont want to move him home and for him to be unhappy. any advise or comments would be helpful cos am so unsure as to hwat to do.

2. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

If you work and are out a lot why not get him a companion cat? That way he would have company.

From your post I get the impression he is an indoor cat?

3. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Hes still young enough to move house again...and cats will be ok with new changes..a playmate is a good idea but some cats at that age will not accept a new addition...but sometimes they will...some of mine accept it and some dont...

but they have to live with each other...maybe take a few days off of work to settle another one in, and see how they get on? just an idea...

4. GinGin

GinGin PetForums Member

hi. yes he's an indoor cat. I dont really have the room to get him a playmate mines is a small 1 bed flat and there is also the added expense. am not sure what to do. I had him for a few weeks whole my folks were on hol and he seemed fine in my flat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice