Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat has suddenly changed behaviour

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by marmite230, Feb 25, 2008.

1. marmite230

marmite230 PetForums Newbie

Hi all i hope you can help. My girlfriend and i have been visited by the cat from downstairs every day for the last couple of months. Up until about 14 days ago she was totally loving and didnt want to be anywhere but on our lap being petted for hours. However, she suddenly has stopped wanting to be picked up and petted and when she comes to visit she just goes and sits in the spare room in a shoe box and only comes out to eat or drink. My girlfriend thinks she could be pregnant as she looks like she has got a little fat round the middle but im not so sure. What would cause her to suddenly stop wanting to be petted?

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

She could well be pregnant? Other than this not sure:)

3. She might be in some kind of pain.........Hit by car? Jumped to high? What is her owners like - did they noticed anything? And - can they take her to the Vets for a check=up?

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

It's quite possibly worms, when my cat had them her stomach swelled up around her middle and she did look kinda pregnant.

5. Saynamore

Saynamore Banned

See if you can check the cat's nipples. If they seem extended and a dark/bright pink rather than pale and little she is deffo preggers! C.x.

6. socialsue

socialsue PetForums Newbie

I think that cats are easily upset about things. When you move furniture, they can already feel bad. Or something has changed in the household. It could be many things.

My cat seemed to have changed her personality in a short period. But in my case, there is nothing to complain about. She used to be a very wild cat, didn't like to sit with me or be petted. Would snap at anyone that would come in 'her' space. Now she is all over me. Always mauwing for more attention, never leaving the house anymore. I'm glad!
    But I am not sure what triggered it.

She had her yearly vaccination last year (she is four now) and looked like she wasn't well for a few days. And ever since that time, she has been so sweet. And so unlike herself. I keep asking the vet what they put in that vaccin...

And it is not just with me. We have a shop and normally she would snap at customers walking past her space. Now she asks to be petted by everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice