Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat has stopped eating. Sleeping all day

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by S4bs, Jul 11, 2009.

1. S4bs

S4bs PetForums Newbie

Hi

My one year old cat has stopped eating his food. Todays the second day. He is only eating a tiny amount and he is sleeping all day! He always wakes up and comes downstairs at his dinner time but isnt doing that anymore. Every night he always sits by the window waiting for me to let him out for a couple of hours but now he dosent seem interested. He has been asleep all day now. For the past week we have been doing the house up, painting, new carpet, furniture etc and its not complete yet, downstairs is a little bit messy. Could this be a reason? How long should I wait before I should take him to the vets? Thank you

2. catcuddles

catcuddles PetForums Newbie

I would advise that you take him to the vets. He may be upset about the recent disruption of the house, but it's always best to check with the vet, especially if he's not eating and has changed his usual habits.

My thoughts are with you and I hope he is ok.

3. Dr.Marie

Dr.Marie PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice