Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Harness advice

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Shabbydoll, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Shabbydoll

Shabbydoll PetForums Member

I am in the city, in an apartment with no yard. I had been thinking about getting a harness so that I could "walk" the cats and have them enjoy the outdoors. Do cats go for these? Are they uncomfortable? Has anybody tried these?

[​IMG]
    They don't look too comfortable.

2. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

Yes, my cat absolutely adores her harness and reacts similar to a dog when I get it out of the cupboard. We have a back garden that she likes to explore in her harness. Since you don't have one I would suggest that you find a quiet park or something like that. Cats are not like dogs... they will walk you. I cannot direct my cat on her harness and had to get a 'long lead' so that she could wonder freely.

Trust me - my cat is quite tough and if she wasn't comfy she would let me know in no time. Just make sure you can get two fingers underneath each strap and you should be fine. My cat isn't a lap cat but she sits down and lets me attach all the straps etc etc. I do recommend them :)

3. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

Yes I think it's a great idea.
    I have used a harness on mine and he didn't mind at all.
    They are so much safer than a collar and lead and more comfortable too!

4. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I have 2 cats (soon to be 4 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

My boy chillie is like a dog when it come to walks he will just bolt down the stairs and wait till I put it on him and off he goes!

I get some funny looks but so what!

My baby girl phe will not leave the house she wont even go down stairs, she has never felt the need to be outside! She is a bit of a princess and its dirty out there! lol!

Cats eh!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice