Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat hair

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by gregornz, May 29, 2010.

1. gregornz

gregornz PetForums Newbie

I have a couple of Siamese one year old's and they are driving me nuts because their fur is coming out by the handful!

Every time I touch them my hand is covered in fur and my clothes and floor are a mess!

Please help me before I jump out the window! :)

What can I do to halt this onslaught? I groom them everyday [with my hands] I need some drastic measures!

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

3. gregornz

Thanks! I really appreciate your input, but I dont think those things are very useful... :)

Any more ideas?

4. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

try a shedding blade, shedding comb or shedding rake. They will help you groom out as much of the loose coat as you can.

Unfortunatly many many cats are blowing their coat at the moment so your not alone.

You could also try a furminator, but use it very very lightly due to their sleek coats (comepared to a moggie).

Whichever method you choose you will have to repeat it daily (or twice daily) if you want to stand any chance of minimising the shedding x

5. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

6. gregornz

Thanks for the replies everybody!

I haven't found the revolutionary answer I was looking for, maybe it doesn't exist :)

I'll continue grooming them and look for some vitamin supplements :)

Thanks again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice