Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat goes missing for days- another home??

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ammy, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

Evie often goes missing for a day- about once or twice a week we won't see her for at least 24 hours. We put biscuits and clean water outside for her and just wait patiently for her to grace us with her presence :rolleyes:

I have always put it down to hunting expeditions as she has always come back with a mouse or bird. However, recently the trips have got longer (2-3 days) and she comes back with no prey and she certainly isn't starving when she gets back. I think I am being naive thinking she is off hunting....

Does anyone else experience this? Did you ever find out where they were going? I have wondered about putting a collar on her or putting a note through the doors in local area asking them not to let her in- do you think thats a good idea?? Is there anything I can do to stop her wandering??

2. tyrole

tyrole PetForums Senior

I would try the collar. I'm sure someone said you can print a paer one somewhere.
    I'll have a search for you.

3. tyrole

tyrole PetForums Senior

4. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

The paper collar is for cats turning up at your house- I think my cat is the one visiting someone elses!! I might put a note in the barrel on her collar- saying to call me if she turns up at someones house.

5. tyrole

tyrole PetForums Senior

ah right :) trust me to get it wrong lol

6. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

No worries!! Thanks for replying x

7. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

I would still use the paper collar. I suspect if she is turning up for a feed then the person won't even think to look in the barrel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice