Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat friendly holiday accommodation

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gwen9244, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Gwen9244

Gwen9244 PetForums VIP

Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend a website or accommodation that is cat friendly, if possible with a cat proofed garden?

2. claire8234

claire8234 PetForums VIP

Hoseasons is pet friendly - (their cottages) but I dont know of a single property that has a cat proof garden

I Work in a travel agents and hoseasons is the only place I can think of. perhaps try helpful holidays who do rental properties but I dont know if they allow pets

Gwen9244 likes this.
  3. Temporally_Loopy

Temporally_Loopy PetForums Member

It's a shame that there are so many dog-friendly but not cat-friendly places. It would be much easier, sometimes, to take an indoor cat away with you.

Gwen9244 and Bilai like this.
  4. MoochH

MoochH Mum to Moochie

Good Morning - I've stayed at a couple of cottages, Dorset mainly. The gardens are not cat proof - I harness walk so I choose somewhere with an enclosed garden,. We have let Mooch off the lead, but that is with 3 guardians watching her every move! She isn't one to bolt, just 'mooch' around having a sniff at stuff. Your first difficulty will be finding someone to accept a cat in a property even though described as 'pet friendly' .... they actually only mean dogs.

For my holiday coming up this October I called cottages.com, the first time the person wasn't very helpful but I got a lovely lady the second time. Some on their listings have already specified no cats so they can tell you straight away, but some the holiday rep will call and find out if the owners will allow other animals.

GOOD LUCK - believe me I spend ages each year finding a suitable property .... Mooch's needs come first then the humans :D

EDIT sorry - meant to say if you are interested PM me and I'll give you the names of where I have stayed.

Gwen9244 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice