UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat, maybe once or twice a day (while I'm in and awake), does the actions a cat does before they throw up (head close to floor, completely straight, noises etc...).

But he never vomits.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose so.
I'll have to do it if you think it could be as serious as that.

Any idea on how much it will cost?
How much do they usually charge just to look at a cat and how much will they charge to actually get anything in his throat out?

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
I guess you aren't registered at a vets then? I would say if you are worried enough to post on a forum of strangers about it - it's worth a vets visit. It might not be anything at all, or it might be - who knows. Cost depends on your area -
my vets charge £25 for a consultation and drugs would be extra. In London we were charge £45 for a consultation, in Scotland £11!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, thanks for your help.

May I just say that you have provided the fastest responses of anybody I have ever came across on a forum - and I attractively live on forums.
Thank you :)

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
ok, thanks for your help.

May I just say that you have provided the fastest responses of anybody I have ever came across on a forum - and I attractively live on forums.
Thank you :)
Sorry - that made me laugh!!!! Guess it's a predictive text typo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, I meant practically.

How did I manage to mistype it to that?! I'm using a PC for typing this so no auto-correct lol

To be honest, its quite impressive :p

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My cat, maybe once or twice a day (while I'm in and awake), does the actions a cat does before they throw up (head close to floor, completely straight, noises etc...).

But he never vomits.

Is this normal?
Hi,

This sounds possibly more like coughing than vomiting if he's flat against the ground, but whatever it is, as it is happening every day (and maybe several times a day) he really needs a check up at the vets ASAP to be on the safe-side as this is not normal.

Prices vary for a check-up, maybe around £30. Ring around for quotes. How much after that would depend on what the problem is. The problem could be sorted with just the one visit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

This sounds possibly more like coughing than vomiting if he's flat against the ground, but whatever it is, as it is happening every day (and maybe several times a day) he really needs a check up at the vets ASAP to be on the safe-side as this is not normal.

Prices vary for a check-up, maybe around £30. Ring around for quotes. How much after that would depend on what the problem is. The problem could be sorted with just the one visit.
There are two or three vets near me so I'll ring them all, thanks for suggesting it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.