Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cat fountain?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by clownfrog, Dec 19, 2020.

1. clownfrog

clownfrog PetForums Newbie

ive been reading up on cat fountains and i was wondering if i should get one?

dose anyone's cat like cat fountains and actually drink from them, my friend was saying her cat was afraid of hers. and would a cat fountain be okay for a kitten?? also ive heard that they can be very noisy?

but if you have any recommended brands or styles of cat fountains please say

thank you

2. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Hi, my kitten has been drinking out the dogs fountain since I brought him home, he was amazed with it to start with lol he drinks from it every day, rarely drinks out his water bowl now. You can hear the water trickling but it doesn’t bother me :)

clownfrog likes this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I have 2 fountains, one ceramic, one plastic. which I bought for my previous cats when they developed chronic kidney disease as senior cats. They did use the fountains every day for the rest of their lives.

Both fountains were quiet, the plastic one [by Cat Mate] was quietest. Being in a hard water area the problem was keeping them free of limescale. I found it best to take the fountains apart every day and clean the filter and the other pieces to keep the limescale away.

None of my current cats will drink from fountains, so I put the fountains away. But none of my current cats drink water from bowls, (none have kidney disease) as they are all fed wet food (no dry) and get all the moisture they need from their food.

I leave fresh bowls of water every day for them though. just in case they need it.

clownfrog likes this.
  4. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

I have had a few plastic water fountains over the years, currently I have the catit flower fountain.
    Ebony my older girl drinks from any fountain you give her, she also likes to occasionally drink from the kitchen tap.
    My young boy has never drank from the fountains, doesn’t play with them either.
    I provide bowls of water around the house for both cats.
    I have a dog who has her water bowl in a certain place on the floor in the kitchen. Alfie my boy drinks from her bowl. He ignores all the other bowls.

clownfrog likes this.
  5. LittleEms

LittleEms PetForums Senior

I have the Catit stainless steal fountain. It’s super quiet and the kittens really like it. They don’t use it much as they get most of their hydration from wet food but when they want a drink they choose it over the bowl.

clownfrog likes this.
  6. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums VIP

I have the flower fountain both cats use it and now the puppy does too.

clownfrog likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice