Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat fouling everywhere

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Imladris21, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imladris21

Imladris21 PetForums Newbie

Cat advice please

For the last year or just about, my cat Juno (2.5 years old) has refused to use her litter tray.

I’ve changed the litter.

I clean it daily (there’s 4 enclosed trays and 3 cats), each placed in different rooms.

She was spayed a few months ago.

I’ve also been using the Felliway plug-ins (original and the friends version).

I can’t have any rugs in my house or leave clothes on the floor because she pees on them. She will pee on bags too. She also peed on my dog’s new bed the day I got it. She will only poop in her tray for the first 1-2 days after I’ve completely changed the litter in the boxes then she goes straight back to pooping on my bathroom floor regardless of my attempts to block the spots.

I am so sick and tired of this.

She started this before I got the kittens, and even then, she plays, grooms, sleeps with them, and really seems to like them.

So what more can I possibly do?

The vet said her behaviour is stress related and maybe she would prefer to be the only pet in the house. I can’t rehome 3 other pets. I’ve tried everything to help Juno. She’s always been a super nervous cat but this behaviour is just becoming unbearable tbh.

2. Imladris21

Imladris21 PetForums Newbie

The 2 female kittens are now 6.5 months old and both spayed last month too.

3. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Calvine, Ian246 and Sairy like this.
  4. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

There are now 2 duplicate threads from the OP on the same topic in Training & Behaviour as well as a post from the OP on the pinned thread that Torin kindly linked in her post above.

Perhaps a mod could combine the 2 duplicate posts to save confusion. @lymorelynn @SusieRainbow @Matrod / Thanks.

SusieRainbow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice