Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat fostering

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by OddSocks84, Dec 5, 2018.

1. OddSocks84

OddSocks84 PetForums Newbie

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes:

I have a 7.5 year old tortie. I am going on holiday for 4 days over Christmas but then I'm moving house in January. I'd like someone to temporarily foster her either from when I go away or when I come back until the move is sorted. There will be people in and out of my current home and I don't want her getting stressed. She is exclusively an indoor cat.

Is there a place where I can look for foster carers? I had looked at boarding her at a cattery or pet hotel but the prices are pretty steep.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Orla

Orla PetForums VIP

You could look at local rescues. Possibly their fosterers may be able to help as it isn’t kitten season. Other than that, a Cattery would probably be your best option. They may offer discount for extended stays.

Summercat likes this.
  3. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

4. NFC slave

NFC slave PetForums Senior

Not many would want to foster a strange cat in their own home over the festive season, maybe a cattery would be better even if only for part of the time. Hope you do manage to find somewhere

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice