Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Foster home needed

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Anne Usher, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Anne Usher

Anne Usher PetForums Newbie

Hello, many thanks for looking. We have a much loved cat who needs a wonderful, temporary home. We are currently looking after her for my daughter who recently moved out into her 1st flat. The original plan was for her to take her cat with her, but the land lord has changed his mind. We would happily keep her because she is gorgeous but my husband and I are moving abroad.
    Is there anyone out there who could look after her for 6-9 months until we come home or my daughter changes her flat?
    She has never lived with other cats so I think she would be happier in a 1 cat home?
    Happy to give more details if anyone is interested?

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Anne Usher,

In almost all cases forum members have cats of their own (several cats in some cases), so by definition I'm afraid this is not the best place to be looking for temporary foster care for a cat who needs to be in a one cat home.

If by chance you are not moving abroad until October you could try your local Rescues to see if one of their foster carers could offer 6 mths care for your cat from October to March. They can't offer it in the summer months because they're all very busy caring for rescued mum cats and their kittens.

3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I think your best option is to beg and bribe until landlord changes his mind back!

4. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Anne Usher
    There may be some leverage with the landlord, as it seems the tenancy was made under false pretenses, that your daughters cat would be allowed.

Soozi and ebonycat like this.
  5. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Can your daughter not offer a larger deposit to cover her cat & any damage.
    I know of people who have done this & the landlord has been happy to accept this.

Soozi likes this.
  6. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

coming to a cat owner forum to ask for a one cat home (for 9 months!) seems like an uphill struggle

NFC slave likes this.
  7. blkcat

blkcat PetForums Senior

Is your daughter duty bound to live in that flat for nine months? Why not negotiate or move.

#7 blkcat, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  8. Citruspips

Citruspips PetForums VIP

Agree with @ebonycat we offered a landlord a larger deposit when we rented for six months they were happy with that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice