Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Maiisiku, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Ok I have tried bozita, natures menu, applaws, purley and encore. She will only eat applaws and a bit of natures menu. She has Purley dry.
    I brought some wiskas pouches from 99p shop today as we are on a tight budget for a week and wanted to make sure she had enough. She gobbled the lot!
    I'm starting to wonder if buying her all the expensive food is worth it when she leaves so much and then gobbles the cheap stuff :( What would you do?

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I think they like it because its KFC for cats ;)

3. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

She's just so picky! I really am at a wits end with her lol. I love her to pieces but she drives me mad!

4. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Sadly there's a lot of sugars and such in whickas to make the cat eat them, so you'll think, 'wow they love that' and buy more. There's very little actual food in there, which I'm sure you already know.

I'm having the same with my cats, they will only eat applaws, but thanks to Hobb's generousity and advice have descovered they like Schesir tuna and beef, not much cheaper than applaws, but it gives them a little veriety.

I think it's worth sticking with the decent food, simply because of all the crap in the likes of felix etc.

But I agree, it is very frusterating indeed.

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I know that feeling :rolleyes: we have 3 occasionally 4 & 5 fussy paws :frown: :D

6. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Yeah, I want her to eat healthily but sometimes it's really a pain. I only really buy felix or wiskas if we are tight on money and try to buy applaws and natures menu as those are the brands she will touch and I just alternate them. But yes it is very frustrating when she gobbles the crap lol!

7. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

There seem to be a lot of fussy eaters about at the moment.

Have you tried Feline Fayre? Like applaws but at least the black sachets are complete foods. Tesco's Finest or Luxury?

I am so surprised she didn't like the encore - it is just rebranded applaws.

8. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

She is so odd really! I haven't tried feline fayre as I am tighting the belt atm and I have to order the natures menu from P@H as well as applaws because it's the only place near me that delivers for free and don't drive. I am going to try tescos finest though in a few weeks. She eats compleate dry and one pouch of wet so it's not too bad. She won't eat more than 1 pouch even if I take away the dry so I put it down as I worry she won't get enough.

9. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

If she is eating the nature's menu then great. Otherwise, feline fayre (black pouches though) are not expensive either. Cheaper than nature's menu and applaws unless I am very much mistaken.

10. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

We alternate as she won't eat the same thing 2 days running so it's applaws one day and then natures menu the next. I got the wiskas to tide over till I get paid as I only have 2 natures menu left. She wasn't keen on pate at first but now she eats lots of it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice