Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat food high in fish

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Shadow And Lightning, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Shadow And Lightning

Shadow And Lightning PetForums VIP

Hey everyone!
    So im still new to this cat thing, first pets ever! have currently been feeding my boys on whiskas and felix wet food, no dry food their tummys dont agree with it! But now i want to change them to a higher meat content diet, so yesterday i ordered some bozita, but LOADS of the flavours are fishy flavours, ive read in many places that too much fish is bad for kitties, but if it is in the form of cat food is it ok? Ive not worried about the fish is whiskas and felix so far as its a low percentage but will this high 80% plus fish content of bozita be bad? My food is due to arrive at the end of this week so would need to know by then as i ordered 2 of each flavour, i think 6 or 7 where fish ones which would make a total of 14, what do you guys think? Sorry the post in long, i talk a lot :)

Thanks in advance

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

The Bozita in jelly/gravy isn't really that different from the stuff you were feeding previously imo. Most certainly, the fish flavours don't just consist of "fish"; their prime ingredient is chicken with some fish to give it the "flavour". Also, don't forget that the meat percentage refers to the meat content of the meaty chunks, not the overall tetrapak, which also contains a proportion of jelly/gravy. So, I wouldn't worry.

3. Shadow And Lightning

well my vet suggested changing to a higher meat content and bozita seems to be the highest but its all very confusing when it comes to cat food lol

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

It certainly is!

Try their pate food next time. Actually, if you want high "meat" content food, then always go for pate food.

Actually Bozita are more transparent now because instead of saying up to 93% meat content they now admit that it refers to the meat content of the meaty chunks. But the pak also contains jelly/gravy. While Bozita didn't want to tell me just how much they did say it contains less than 50% jelly/gravy. Well, that was before they apparently changed their recipe, god knows what it is now.

5. raggie doll

raggie doll PetForums VIP

Well Bozita tins not the packs are better and they seem to go down well

6. Shadow And Lightning

is that the same with hi life pate etc? i have a few sachets of that too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice