Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat flea treatment reaction!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by DaisyDMD, Feb 12, 2020.

1. DaisyDMD

DaisyDMD PetForums Newbie

My cat has fleas and I've started treating her yesterday. I used a spot on from the supermarket and put it on the back of her neck as advised. Today I have come home and noticed she has a patch of hair missing in that area and scratches underneath. She doesn't seem distressed and she isnt aggravated when i touch the area so in herself she is fine.
    Is this normal? Will the hair grow back? Is it a reaction to the treatment or has she scratched it so much in aggravation of the fleas that its removed the hair?
    Thank you!

2. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

What it's the name of the treatment you've used?
    Some cats will have reactions to medications and fur loss is a known side effect seen occasionally after a spot on has been applied. The fur usually grows back but you may want to use a flea treatment with a different active ingredient next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice