UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking to buy a micro-chip cat flap. I wanted one that I could set a timer so it would be closed at night. I have had a look at Sureflap but I think you have to change it manually? :confused:

The cat flap we have atm is also quite small (think it is standard size though) and my kitten has to squeeze through it so I am womdering whether to wait for the pet flap? Does anyone know when its due to be released? Does this have an auto locking/opening system :confused:

Thank you.

:)

15 Posts
Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your interest in SureFlap! The new SureFlap Microchip Pet Door should be available in the next month or so. It does have a timer lock - you can set the timer to lock and unlock at specific times :001_smile:

Best wishes,
The SureFlap Team

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying -that's great news re the timer.

Why is the cat flap being delayed? I know originally it was supposed to be September? I am just worried the date will keep getting extended.:cryin:

S

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your interest in SureFlap! The new SureFlap Microchip Pet Door should be available in the next month or so. It does have a timer lock - you can set the timer to lock and unlock at specific times :001_smile:

Best wishes,
The SureFlap Team
Sureflap, does the new model still have a draft excluder? My cats can't push It open!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
What would be a great idea for those of us with indoor and outdoor cats in the same house would be to make a flap that only lets certain microchips out as well as in? Meaning your indoor cats that aren't "scanned" in to the machine cannot get in or our but the outdoor cat that is "scanned" can get in & out... Is that possible? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would be a great idea for those of us with indoor and outdoor cats in the same house would be to make a flap that only lets certain microchips out as well as in? Meaning your indoor cats that aren't "scanned" in to the machine cannot get in or our but the outdoor cat that is "scanned" can get in & out... Is that possible? :rolleyes:
Is it possible to not scan their microchip for the indoor cats and then they wont be able to get in out?

S

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It only stops the non scanned cat getting in from outside. The flap lets any cat out at any time...

"The SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap stops unwanted visitors coming into your house. In normal mode, any animal inside is able to leave the house.

You can use the 4-way manual lock to stop any animal entering and/or leaving the house, but you cannot do this selectively for different cats. "

15 Posts
Hi everyone,

We apologise for the delay in the release of our new microchip pet door. It is a more complex product than our existing product so we want to ensure it's absolutely perfect before launching it :) We appreciate your patience.

Best wishes,

The SureFlap Team

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.