Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cat enclosure

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jano432, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Jano432

Jano432 PetForums Junior

Hi.
    I am thinking of buying some kind of enclosure for my cat to introduce her to the garden. She is around 5 years old and was\is semi feral. We have had her for ,6 months but is still very skittish. With the nicer weather coming i want her to safely enjoy some fresh air. I am looking for some kind of low enclosure with a door which can be placed against our cat flap which will allow her outside but will contain her. I have seen some on the internet similar to puppy play pens and this, i think would be suitable as it has to be removable.
    However i don't just want to order one without seeing it and so can anyone who has similar please give me the name and manufacturer so i can source locally and virew before buying? Or if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to say. I know some do not have secure tops but i have plastic netting i can use to secure it.
    Thanks

2. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Hi, there is a sticky at the top of the page about cat runs and cat proofing. Mine is cat proofed. I have a small garden. It isn't pretty but it serves it's purpose. But there are companies like Katzecure. And a couple of others that some posters on here have used. Mine is simply stays bent at an angle, rabbit run fencing. From screw fix I have an awkward angle that has to be negotiated and we managed to get round it. It is all fixed with cable ties wire cable, and staples into the fence. Here are a couple of pictures

This is the awkward corner we had to get round.

[​IMG]

Here is the view over a shed

[​IMG]

This is the long run down to the shed.

[​IMG]
    There are a lot more ideas on line I hope this has helped a little.

Viv xx

3. idris

idris absent without leave

It's helped me :D thanks

4. huckybuck

huckybuck Cat Chat Friend

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice