Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat dipped nose in wine!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by HazzaGrazza, Feb 22, 2021.

1. HazzaGrazza

HazzaGrazza PetForums Junior

This cat will be the death of me! Just today, she's burned a few small whiskers by sniffing too close to a candle, jumped into a full bath tub and just now she dipped her nose in a glass of white wine and run off and licked her face before I could wipe her off.

Will this be really harmful to her? I read that a tbsp or so can be serious, but this was just a quick dip of the nose and then she ran off. I'm just concerned it's the evening and we'll be going to bed in a few hours. Am I worrying for no reason?

I seriously feel like I'm having so much anxiety worrying about her health with all of her inquisitive ways. :Nailbiting

2. Lunarags

Lunarags PetForums Member

I wouldnt think a little dip like that would be too harmful. Keep an eye on her overnight and ring out of hours if you have a cause for concern. If you're really worried, you could always set yourself a couple of alarms in the night to get up and have a quick check on her

3. HazzaGrazza

HazzaGrazza PetForums Junior

Thanks, yes, I think I may need to set some alarms and check on her. Hopefully she'll be okay. Seems to be something every day with her.

I have health anxiety myself, so get super anxious and start googling things, then see the worst case.

4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

No more candles. And cover any drink you have sitting around. Cat's needs and safety come first! :)

Orla, buffie and ebonycat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice